NetSupport Protect, a reliable desktop lock-down application for PC content and operating systems preferences' unwanted changes, delivers a secure, reliable and productive computer environment. With its extensive list of security features and intuitive format, IT administrators can use NetSupport Protect to guarantee that students are getting the most beneficial use of their computing experience, whilst at the same time safeguarding both the configuration and content on their systems.
Simple to use, safe and secure, NetSupport Protect is the ideal choice for IT administrators and technology coordinators. Presented in a simple and intuitive interface, system control can be configured in minutes and allows either individual or central control of security settings.
Using NetSupport Protect IT administrators can prevent unwanted changes to the OS, control the creation of content, restrict unwanted file downloads and control application usage. With easy to adopt end point security, administrators can avoid the introduction of harmful or unwanted content from external sources yet retain the flexibility to utilize existing technology.
- Prevent copying, deletion and renaming of files and folders.
Hide folders and restrict creation of defined file types.
- Restrict changes to the desktop, taskbar and system settings.
- Restrict shutdown, logoff, lock and password changes.
- Protect the operating system and computer settings.
- Lock control panels, task manager, command prompt and registry.
- Restrict user-defined applications from running.
- Restrict available network drives, drive mappings and network neighborhood.
- Prevent access to windows systems tools.
- Prevent web browsers from running.
- Restrict creation and deletion of system printers. Click here for more screen shots
- Control access to USB and CD/DVD devices.
- Disable USB storage devices, allow read only or prevent application launch.
- Prevent users from installing unauthorized software.
- Share security configurations across a network.
- NEW - Centrally deploy NetSupport Protect across your LAN/WAN to all computers.
- NEW - Centrally manage and update security configurations.
- Traditional "policy based" security provides for inflexible ON / OFF lockdown. NetSupport Protect allows useful technologies, such as portable storage devices, to still be utilized but in a constructive manner with controls over functionality.
|Integrated hard disk protection and roll back technology|
NetSupport Protect now offers twice the level of desktop security and protection - desktop lockdown and hard disk protection and recovery - in a single and easy-to-use package.
for Features and more information
- Saves countless hours of troublesome and unnecessary service calls.
- Works in a fraction of the time of other re-imaging/restoration products.
- Gives teachers more time to teach by eliminating careless or malicious activity.
- Saves valuable network disk space when images need to be stored.
- Reduces or eliminates technical intervention for OS and software-related problems.
- Makes all user PCs' look and behave the same.
- Simply reboot to restore.
OverviewA successful product is one that can be implemented and maintained with the minimum of effort and provides a clear summary of the security in place. This is NetSupport Protect.
"As a very satisfied NetSupport School customer, we had no hesitation in selecting NetSupport Protect as we know that NetSupport solutions are of the highest calibre. NetSupport Protect has been easy to implement and configure and impressed us with its vast array of features and flexibility." Gérard Duvivier, Lycée professionnel Jean-Baptiste Carpeaux
EducationAs schools continue to provide better access to computer hardware, networks and web resources, district IT staff and classroom teachers face new challenges. IT staff must manage the challenges posed by computer labs and school networks as well as control software deployment and user issues.
Teachers need to manage students who are using computers in a lab or multi-desktop classroom to ensure that they are learning and spending time on their assigned tasks.
Children want to learn, and often the best way is to experiment. Unfortunately lab computers may be used four or five times a day for different classes, so they really can't afford to endure too much practical experimentation.
CorporateNetSupport Protect provides a proactive, rather than a reactive, solution to the challenges faced. The philosophy of the product is to prevent changes to the desktop environment and avoid the need to rely on "repair" based solutions that are more costly and have a greater maintenance overhead.
Using NetSupport Protect, IT staff can create a secure desktop environment where system configuration and access from external sources are protected, where users can utilize available applications but are shielded from system resources and the temptation of investigating the workings of the desktop.
A successful product is one that can be implemented and maintained with the minimum of effort and provides a clear summary of the security in place, this is NetSupport Protect.