Enable SNMP on ESXi Hosts
This step-by-step article describes how to enable SNMP on ESXi hosts.
- You need to download and install WinSCP on your workstation. (Note: SSH should be enabled)
- Open WinSCP and enter the connection details with your ESXi Host. (ESXi Hostname, Username/Password, Port number: 22, Protocol: SCP)
- Click Login.
- Navigate to /etc/vmware and find file called snmp.xml.
- Drag the file and then drop it on your screen/desktop.
- Open the file using any editor and change the default settings. The changes will be as the following:
- Save the file and drag it back to the host.
- Restart the ESXi host.